How to Buy Jewellery: A Guide to Where You’ve Been Going Wrong!
Ever bought a piece of jewellery for a friend or relative only to realise that you’ve never seen them wear it? Or bought a piece for yourself which has ended up languishing in a drawer? Buying jewellery is a special gift for either yourself or a loved one, but it’s also an investment, so you don’t want to get it wrong. How to avoid getting it wrong? Follow the advice from your trusted jeweller in Ilford.
Know your Recipient
As with any gift purchase, knowing your recipient really well will always help the process. However, in some instances, this just isn’t a possibility. If you need to buy jewellery for someone that you don’t know as well as you’d like, there are still certain things you can do to make sure you don’t get it wrong.
Here’s where you’ve been going wrong:
1. Not thinking about your recipient’s lifestyle: think about what they do for a living and what they like to do during their leisure time. Are they active? Do they work with their hands? This will give you a good idea into whether the likes of rings or long necklaces will be suitable, or will be seen as a hinderance and therefore not worn.
2. Not considering their style: think about their sense of style. Are they understated or bold? Do they wear dark or bright colours? When you consider these elements, you’ll be in a much better place to buy complementing jewellery.
3. Not considering their personality: are they a larger than life person, or do they prefer to stay out of the limelight? Clues such as this will help you to buy bold pieces to suit those that are the life and soul of the party, or more conservative pieces for quieter types.
If you’re buying jewellery for yourself, it’s important to know what you’re looking for and buy accordingly. But even when shopping for ourselves, it can be easy to get it wrong!
Here are a few places you could go wrong when buying jewellery for yourself:
1. Not future proofing your jewellery: if you’re investing in jewellery for yourself, you need to make sure that it’s a piece you’ll treasure for a while. The advice from jewellers Ilford wide therefore will be to future proof your jewellery. Don’t buy expensive but fashionable pieces; save those for costume jewellery and instead invest in more traditional, classic pieces.
2. Not being comfortable in your jewellery: jewellery is made to be worn, so it’s important to ensure that you’re comfortable in your pieces. Not only does this mean comfort in terms of how it feels to wear it, but also how the piece makes you feel. If it makes you feel self-conscious, it’s not for you.
Quite often, we tend to think about high street chains ahead of local independent shops. Regardless of budget it’s important to think about where you want to shop when buying jewellery.
Here’s where you might have been going wrong:
1. Assuming that your local jeweller in Ilford won’t stock what you need: Here at E.K. Jewellers, Ilford, we stock a huge range of jewellery. And if we don’t have what you’re looking for in stock, we can often create something bespoke for you!
2. Not tapping into your local jeweller’s knowledge: your local jeweller will be a wealth of knowledge. This can be invaluable, not only when buying for yourself but you can also pick their brains for advice when buying for someone else.
Although it may still seem daunting to buy jewellery for either yourself or a loved one, especially if you’re spending a lot of money on it, by visiting your local jeweller in Ilford you can trust that you’ll be in the safest of hands to get it right. Get it wrong no more: visit E.K. Jewellers, Ilford, to see how we can help you to get it right!